Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Is There A Psychiatrist In The House ?


My jewellery workshop is on the top floor of my 3 storey town house, so it’s not a big commute to get to work. In fact, on occasion when I awake totally inspired and raring to get going I have been known to enter my heavenly space in my PJs and slippers. Not a very good look when working with fire and silver, but hey ho! What can I say, creation just can’t wait.

The downside of walking one flight of stairs from my bedroom to work is that if I don’t make a concerted effort, then I get no exercise and no fresh air all day. My problem is that once I am in my zone, I don't want to stop ............... I mean I'm extremely happy with my obsession, so what's the problem?



Seriously though, I do have a constant daily battle with myself to leave my creative space for any reason. Do you ever argue with yourself? I catch myself doing it all the time. It's really funny, when you become aware of the excuses of why you can’t and shouldn’t do what you really need to be doing.

In the end though, I drag myself away and find that a brisk walk and some fresh air do me the world of good. I always feel refreshed and re-energised and often inspired by the water, the trees, the birds and the architecture that I see when I’m out and about.

So why the constant battle every day?

I have no idea but would love to hear if anybody else has this problem. I keep thinking my brain has been wired up wrong. I mean why is it so difficult to go for a walk when it makes me feel so good. Is there a psychiatrist in the house? I think I need therapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment